Marine Medical Examination
We are approved by Director General Shipping, Mumbai for Medical examination of seafarers (Approval No. DGS/MED/UP-Lucknow/02 vide DG letter No. 7-NT (3)/2014 Dated 28th May 2014.)
Ref. DG approved Doctors list dated 30-01-2015 vide MS notice no. 01 of 2015 on DG Ship website – (www.dgshipping.gov.in).
Pre-sea and Periodic Medical examination of Seafarers done in accordance with STCW 2010 Maritime Labor Convention (MLC) 2006 and IMO/ILO/JMS/2011 for all ranks of candidates and all categories of Merchant Ships (Indian and various flag states). All the required tests, including Drug and alcohol testing are available at our centre.
INSTRUCTIONS TO BE FOLLOWED BY MARINE CANDIDATES WHEN COMING FOR EXAMINATION
- It is advised for your convenience to come to the clinic with prior appointment.
- It is advised to report at clinic in the morning at 8 AM without having breakfast for accurate diagnostic test results.
- If you are 18 years and above, your Medical fitness certificate will be generally valid for two years. In case you are under 18 years, the validity will be only for one year.
- Please bring your company’s requisition for your medical examination or provide vessel's name & location and your employer's name where you are going to join.
- Please bring along with you CDC (Continuous discharge certificate) and copy of passport to establish your identity.
- Please bring two latest passport size colour photographs.
- Please present your previous medical fitness certificate and complete medical history & record if ongoing / undergone any treatment.
- Please fill the employee’s declaration form about health and illnesses correctly without concealing any facts.